1. What is the inciting incident or problem and in what way does it effect her life?
2. What emotional state is she in at the start of the story?
3. What does she want? What are her aims and goal, and what does that tell us about her?
4. What is her flaw or inner conflict that prevents her from attaining her goal, and which traits will help her to overcome them in the end?
5. Many external conflict or obstacles will stand in her way?
6. What is at stake? The stakes need to be high. What will she lose if she doesn’t achieve her objective?
7. Why would the reader care about her? They need to be emotionally involved, to understand her situation and willing her to succeed. Motivation. Motivation. Motivation is the secret of good characterisation.
8. What does she learn along this hazardous journey? How does she confront her demons and develop as a person?
9. The darkest hour will come when it seems she has lost everything. This will be followed by the climax when, largely by her own efforts and certainly not luck or a Prince Charming riding to her rescue, she wins through.
10. How does her story end? Redemption and resolution. Major problem finally solved and a satisfying end for the reader.
Post a Comment